I just have something cute to share. I’ll be making a much better update soon, but this was something a dear friend posted on Facebook and it struck me as, quite frankly, adorable.
It’s a series of 23 questions to ask your child. You add their name and age. They answer honestly without any prompting from you. I’m not even sure Boobear could have answered these just a year or two ago, as I saw some friends’ children had done, but he can now and it makes my mama heart very very happy to hear his responses. There was a time when any question that wasn’t black and white with an obvious answer (red shirt or blue shirt? Banana or apple?) was met with blank stares, tears, and frustration. So yeah, I’m pleased!
These are the questions that this little Facebook game that’s floating around asks. Boobear’s responses are in italics.
WITHOUT ANY prompting, ask your child these questions and write down EXACTLY what they say. It is a great way to find out what they really think. When you re-post put your child’s age. *blank version in comments*
Boobear, age 7:
1. What is something mom always says to you? I love you.
2. What makes mom happy? Flowers and pretty pictures.
3. What makes mom sad? Having no flowers, no coffee, or no tea.
4. How does your mom make you laugh? Jokes and tickles.
5. What was your mom like as a child? Funny
6. How old is your mom? 7
7. How tall is your mom? Taller than me.
8. What is her favorite thing to do? Play with me and drink coffee.
9. What does your mom do when you’re not around? Play games and watch scary movies.
10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for? Baking and books.
11. What is your mom really good at? Working and playing with me.
12. What is your mom not very good at? I don’t know.
13. What does your mom do for a job? Work.
14.What is your mom’s favorite food? Cheeseburgers.
15.What makes you proud of your mom? Being alive.
16. If your mom were a character, who would she be? Toothless the Dragon!
17. What do you and your mom do together? Play.
18. How are you and your mom the same? We like the same games.
19. How are you and your mom different? We like different ice cream.
20. How do you know your mom loves you? Because I love her. And she loves me!
21. What does your mom like most about your dad? Daddy gives her flowers and pretty pictures.
22. Where is your mom’s favorite place to go? Grandma’s house and Grandmama and Granddaddy Jack’s house.
23. How old was your Mom when you were born? I don’t know. I was a baby.