The awesome Leanne of The Transplanted Southerner gave me the Liebster Award! This is an award that goes to small but promising blogs. It lets the blogger know they’ve been seen and they are interesting.
Can you please give me a moment to squeal in over excitement….thank you.
And thank you very much Leanne!
This award gives bloggers a chance to share a bit more about themselves. It’s also a chance to promote other new bloggers that have been enjoyed.
When you get the award, you’re given 11 questions to answer. So, here are the questions I was asked and my answers.
What made you decide to blog?
I’ve had little blogs off and on for ages. I like blogging, and at first I just wanted to keep a record of things we did. When I knew Boobear was going to face challenges, I thought I might be able to share some things to help others in some way. Plus it serves as a record (or will, if I get my fanny in gear and keep up with it properly!) And of course, it’s fun!
Are you an oldest, middle, youngest or only child?
I’m an only child. And I like it that way!
Would you rather cook or clean the house?
Cook. Every time. I actually prefer baking over cooking or cleaning, but if you give me the choice, I’ll always go for cooking.
When you have free time what do you do for fun?
I read a lot, play video games, watch certain shows or movies, or write. Occasionally I do a bit of crafting, like latch hook, cross stitch, needle felting, or playing with paints.
If you could go anywhere for a 1 week, all expense paid vacation…where would it be?
Do I have to pick just one place? There’s so many places to go! It would have to be a toss-up of England and Japan. Both have rich histories, lots to see, and are fascinating.
Ketchup or Mustard?
Ketchup! I do like mustard, but ketchup is the best.
What is something you are proud to have accomplished so far in your life?
You mean besides my son? I found a way to finish my degree (halfway there!) and have 2 short stories published on Amazon.
Do you look “just like” a relative? If so, who?
I look very much like my mother.
What are three things you buy at the grocery every week (or every shopping trip)?
Bananas, eggs, and almond milk.
Is there a beauty product you use and love that everyone needs to know about? What is it?
I love the cosmetic line N.Y.C. Color! It’s one line of stuff that I’m not allergic to. I adore the lip glosses – not sticky, but they don’t come totally off with a napkin or sip of coffee either. Plus, they seem to really help with chapping.
Other than that, I adore Queen Helene’s Tea Tree Oil Cream. It works wonders on rashes, itchy places, and just plain dry skin.
Tell us 11 random things we might not guess about you!
You had to give me a hard one, didn’t you?
- While I take Boobear on nature walks as much as possible, I don’t like being outside when it’s really hot or rainy. I love the cold though.
- I adore video games. I thought about doing that for a career once, but my mind refuses to wrap itself around the programming part.
- I love studying anything related to religions, history, quantum mechanics, and all things science.
- I have struggled with my weight for years. Being uninsured means no doctors, as specialists are the ones to treat thyroid problems and it’s just a smidgen too good for anyone else to do. (So says 2 docs.)
- Because of the weight issue and the fact I didn’t like many I went to school with, bullying was inevitable. I still equate much of my public school experience as one of the missing circles of Dante’s Hell.
- I like animals better than I like most people.
- My favorite books and movies are horror. I love horror. However, I hate it when something happens to kids or animals in those movies.
- I really dislike most “chick lit” and “chick flicks.” Give me explosions at least!
- Two of my favorite things in the world are coffee and chocolate. Not necessarily in that order.
- I have depression and anxiety. Both of these make it hard sometimes. And thanks to them, I often am left worrying about what others think (combine that with the bullying from years ago) and am often worried about whether or not I should do/say/whatever due to others’ opinions. I’m getting better about that though.
- I have written two ebooks: Silence is Golden and Melissa. They are published on Amazon Kindle under the name Sky Jordan. Both are horror/suspense stories. I’m quite pleased by the reception I’ve gotten regarding them and more are in the works.
Now you know me! So here’s a few bloggers I’m nominating. Make sure you go and check them out!
- Manic Mom over at Manic Mom
- Brenda at Counting Pinecones
- Heather at Heart’s Home
- Kathy at Piney Woods Homeschool
And here are my questions for them.
- What is your number one tip to make the mornings easier?
- How did you choose your blog name?
- What made you decide to homeschool?
- Do you do meal planning by the week or month? Or not at all?
- Do you have a favorite book or movie that you just can’t imagine never reading or seeing again?
- Do you have pets?
- If you could do one thing over from your past, with the knowledge you have now, what would it be?
- What are your three favorite comfort foods?
- Do you prefer ebooks or regular books?
- What is your favorite piece of jewelry and why?
- Tell us 11 things we may not know about you!
Keep passing the award on to those who deserve it!